Thursday, March 19, 2015

Eddisbury shortlist

Today I received the great honour from Eddisbury Conservative Association to be shortlisted to fight the parliamentary seat of Eddisbury at the forthcoming General Election.

I will be fully focussed on gaining the support of the members of Eddisbury Conservatives over the forthcoming days and if fortunate enough to be selected will be a full time candidate in the constituency until May 7th.

If selected I have decided to donate the salary that I receive as an Assembly Member for North Wales for the parliamentary campaign period to charity, one of the recipients will the Moneypenny Foundation based in Wrexham. Moneypenny is a great local business that has helped a number of people back into work and the Foundation has had considerable success in the last year.  The remainder will go to Clare House who look after children from both sides of the border, but does not receive funding from the Welsh Assembly.   My constituency and Assembly office will continue to operate as normal, serving my North Wales constituents, until the outcome of the election is known.  I will resign my Welsh Assembly seat if elected, and I will also move into the Constituency, my family understand these decisions and support them.

Strong economic and social links exist between North Wales and Cheshire. Although there is a border dividing the two regions, many residents live, farm and work on both sides of the border. A strong Cheshire can only benefit North Wales and vice versa. Eddisbury, Chester and Wrexham/Deeside have always been good neighbours and if selected to contest the Eddisbury seat next week I will be fully focussed on developing and strengthening these links as the prospective Member of Parliament. 

I have gained a strong reputation for delivery for my constituents in North Wales and I pledge to be a similar strong voice for all the people of the Eddisbury constituency